Re: Possible bug?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Possible bug?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:14:37 +0100

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 05:06:08AM -0700, mrodrig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make a data fitting using the leasqr function. In the
> attachment you can find the data and the function that I am trying to adjust
> and the adjustment parameters.
>
> When plotting x vs y and the F function with the par parameters, initially
> it seems reasonable.
>
> When I make the adjustment I get the following result
>
> error: weighted residuals are not real

Assuming you havn't specified non-real weights or 'y', this error
means that your fitted function ('F' ?) returns non-real residuals for
a set of parameters chosen by leasqr during the course of
optimization. If you can't change the function 'F' to fix this, it may
help to avoid certain parameter values by specifying constraints.

(I recommend using nonlin_curvefit instead of leasqr. The default
algorithm is the same.)

Olaf