Re: I cannot install a toolbox I downloaded

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: I cannot install a toolbox I downloaded
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 10:15:06 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Phenyo Moletsane
>To: address@hidden
>Date: 2018/3/8, Thu 01:42
>Subject: I cannot install a toolbox I downloaded
>

>Hi
>

>I have just downloaded M5PrimeLab toolbox, and struggling to install it on
>octave.
>

>I am using the following command:
>pkg install M5PrimeLab.zip
>

>I get the following error
>

>package is missing file: COPYING
>error: called from
>    install>verify_directory at line 335 column 7
>    install at line 109 column 9
>    pkg at line 394 column 9

Please read carefully DESCRIPTION.txt in the zip file.
It seems that it is not octave pkg package so that you cannot install via pkg
install.

Part of DESCRIPTION.txt

Installation (for Matlab):
Start Matlab and select "Set path..." from the File menu. Click
"Add with subfolders" button and select the M5PrimeLab folder in the
file dialog. Press the Save button in order to save your changes
to the Matlab search path. The toolbox is now installed. Have fun.

For Octave. you expand the folder to the place you like and  use "addpath" to
addpath
so that Octave finds m files.

You can find the help for "addpath" by

>> help addpath

You can find an example in p.16 of M5PrimeLab.pdf.
I could execute it.

HTH

Tatsuro