RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)

From: Vicent
Subject: RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:59:30 -0600 (CST)

John Donoghue-3 wrote

> When running the arduinosetup command, looking on the Arduino IDE, did you
> verify the serial port it detected was OK, set the board type correctly
> and
> upload the code to the Arduino, (and was it successful)

My board is UNO and in the IDE apears Genuine Uno, I guess it's the same.
The upload is  succesful and the scanForArduinos function is still failing.

John Donoghue-3 wrote
> If the scan is still failing, what happens if try to create an Arduino
> object:
>
> ar = arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')

I've checked that it'is the same port than when I've uploaded the firmware
to the board.

and I've I got this:

>> ar = arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')
warning: the 'serial' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'serial' undefined near line 28 column 22
error: called from
    __initArduino__ at line 28 column 20
    arduino at line 94 column 16

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373116/scanForArduinos2.png>