Re: transferring an equation from maxima to octave

From: insafba
Subject: Re: transferring an equation from maxima to octave
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 09:19:48 -0600 (CST)

Thank you so much Torsten-3, that's what I was looking for. Now the equation
could be copied directly to octave without modifying it all manually :)

Thank you also Robert Funnell, I didn't know that package, it seems that is
the same as the symbolic calculation in Matlab. However, when I load the
package symbolic, octave gives me this error :
Symbolic pkg v2.7.1: error: Cannot run the Python executable "python"
    Try "sympref diagnose" for more information.
error: called from
    assert_have_python_and_sympy at line 61 column 7
    python_ipc_popen2 at line 79 column 5
    python_ipc_driver at line 59 column 13
    python_cmd at line 164 column 9
    valid_sym_assumptions at line 38 column 10
    assumptions at line 82 column 7
    syms at line 97 column 13

Doug Stewart-4, I didn't understand your reply, could you please explain
more?