Re: Inputting data from Aduino

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Inputting data from Aduino
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:49:45 -0500

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 5:28 AM hengis7 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi.  I am having difficulty getting serial data from micro-controllers into
Octave so that I can analyse the data.  I have been able to copy data from a
spreadsheet OK (with help from this forum) but I would like to input the
data direct from my win 10 pc COM port.  I can not believe the only way is
by reading individual bytes.  So laborious.  What other input methods are
available?

Is it safe to say you have looked at the instrument control package?  there are some Serial instructions for windows on the wiki: