Re: xlsread return error: No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pk

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: xlsread return error: No Java support found (no Java JRE? no Java pkg installed AND loaded?)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:02:12 -0500 (CDT)

cmt wrote
> Hi mmuetzel,
>
> thanks for your quick help. I tried your Code and it worked partially. The
> data is read and stored in data_autokorr_num, data_autokorr_str,
> data_autokorr_raw. The remaining Problem ist the Format. The original data
> Looks like:
>      0.000    12.000  15.000
>      0.006    12.000  15.000
>      0.012    12.000  15.000
>

> but for data_autokorr_num I receive:
> NaN   12000   15000
> NaN   12000   15000
> NaN   12000   15000
>
> and for data_autokorr_raw:
>      0.000     12000   15000
>      0.006     12000   15000
>      0.012     12000   15000
>
> and for data_autokorr_str:
>      0.000     12000   15000
>      0.006     12000   15000
>      0.012     12000   15000

You tried

data_autokorr = xlsread ('file.xlsx', 'A16:C271');

but better do

[data_autokorr, ~, rawdata] = xlsread ('file.xlsx', 'A16:C271');

The cell array rawdata will hold all data (numeric and text) so you can see
what format your first column was in the Excel file. Like Markus I suspect
it is text.

As to the error message about Java package, that is really looks outdated;
what does "pkg describe io" say?
I'll look into that but later, I'm abroad with patchy Internet access and
little time until after early August.

Philip