Re: EEG LAB plugin issues

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: EEG LAB plugin issues
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 11:37:34 +0900

On 8/25/19 1:57 AM, Graham Carpenter wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m running into an issue when trying to run eeglab for the time on
> octave – I keep getting the following error message and a blank figure 1
> window pops up without any menu options. I can’t figure it out:
>

> eeglab: options file is ~/eeg_options.m
>
> EEGLAB: error while adding plugin "eegplugin_dipfit"
>
>    uimenu: invalid parent handle.
>
> EEGLAB: error while adding plugin "eegplugin_firfilt"
>
>    uimenu: invalid parent handle.
>

> I’m on the MAC version from the wiki download pages. Hoping you can
> point me in the right direction!
>

> Thanks,
>

> Graham Carpenter, Ph.D.
>
> Assistant Professor
>
> Dept. of Communication
>
> University of the Pacific

On their web page the EEGLAB developers claim to have some issues when
using EEGLAB with Octave graphics [1].  Maybe you report your issue on
the developers bug tracker [2] first that they know people care about
Octave compatibility.  If the EEGLAB developers claim it is an upstream
Octave problem, please report that specific issue on our bug tracker [3].

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Running_EEGLAB_on_Octave
[2] https://github.com/sccn/eeglab/issues