Re: Capturing exception messages in octave C++ API

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Capturing exception messages in octave C++ API
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:08:15 +0900

On 10/17/19 4:11 PM, rupakrokade wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I am using Octave 4.4.1 on a Debian 10 OS.  I am
> not using octave development source. Currently, I get the error messages
> printed on the terminal even without any try-catch statements. How do I
> buffer these messages anyway? Any example code will help.
>
> Rupak

Please find an example attached.  It is a modified version of the
embedded.cc example code in Octave which redirects std::cout and
std::cerr to an std::stringstream buffer, as described by good old
StackOverflow

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5419356/redirect-stdout-stderr-to-a-string

and as it was already suggested by jwe.

I tested it with Octave 4.4.1, but it should also work for Octave 5.1.0.

Anyways, the new interface of Octave dev can do this much cleaner and
easier in a one or two liner.  Thanks for this jwe!

HTH,
Kai