Arrays of structures

From: Windhorn, Allen E [ACIM/LSA/MKT]
Subject: Arrays of structures
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 15:59:13 +0000

Supposing I have an array of structures X, where each element of the array
has fields .th and .r.  I can refer to a particular field like "X(3).r" if I
want to
know its value, but is there a way to refer to ALL the r fields in the array as
a group, like "X(:).r"?  This just gets me the value of the r field of the first
element of the array for some reason:

>> X(1).th = 23;
>> X(1).r = 10.3;
>> X(2).th = 17;
>> X(2).r = 6.6;
>> X(3).th = 47;
>> X(3).r = 11.5;
>> X(:).r  % (or X.r)
ans =  10.300
ans =  6.6000
ans =  11.500
>> % This shows me all the values, but...
>> foo = X(:).r
foo =  10.300  % Assignment only gets me the first one.  I expected:
>> foo
foo =

   10.3000    6.6000   11.5000

Using a loop is the obvious option, but I am just wondering if there is a better
way, or a better construct.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Regards,
Allen
--
Allen Windhorn P.E. (Mn), CEng| Senior Principal Engineer
Leroy-Somer Americas | Kato Engineering, Inc.