Re: freqz issue

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: freqz issue
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 09:15:33 -0800

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 15:26:20 +0100, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY wrote:
> Apparently, at least when plotting spectrum, Octave freqz can *only* use
> real data (not complex), while Matlab freqz can handle complex data, and
> plot correct spectrum (not symetrical around DC).
>
> Being a total newbie in Octave, I can't say if it has to be considered as a
> known limitation of Octave, or a bug concerning "Matlab compatibility ? I
> couln't find any bug report about that.
>
> In all cases, the spectrum output can't be plot identically to Matlab this
> way.

Yes, this looks like a bug to me, can you please file a bug report at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

Specifically, freqz can handle both real and complex inputs, but there
is an off by one error when plotting the two-sided spectrum and the user
passes a specific range of frequences in the third argument.

Thanks,

--
mike