Spack compilation

From: I Garcia
Subject: Spack compilation
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:12:11 +0100

Dear Community,

I have been using octave on Ubuntu for a while, and for particular reasons I had to use latest version 5.1.0 mkoctfile to compile c software. I tried installing it with Flatpak, but I believe octave-dev is not available. Then I turned to amazing Spack and successfully compile it.

However mkoctfile is not working because of some wrapping reasons, although I believe it would be an excellent contribution. Maybe it could be easily solved allowing a new flag to mkoctfile binary, setting compiler directory (I am not sure, I am not a good programmer at all). More info here and links within.

Thank you for your effort!