Re: Octave 5.1 and 5.2 crashing on Windows 10

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave 5.1 and 5.2 crashing on Windows 10
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 16:26:44 -0500

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 12:32 AM Kwan Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:09 PM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> is the following file located on your PC, or is it missing:
> (assuming you installed to C:\Octave)
>
> C:\Octave\octave-5.2.0-w64\mingw64\bin\libsqlite3-0.dll

This file is missing. I checked the McAfee which had reported that a
file was quarantined, but I couldn't find actual logs that say file
specifically.

> But you get the same issue with 5.1.0?

I haven't tried 5.1.0 yet on Windows.

ok. that's what I thought. I don't know how your logging is setup, but I suspect it was deleted or prevented from copying during installation.  you could verify by using one of the zip packages.  it will either catch the file when you try to extract it, or the first time it's accessed (when starting the GUI for the first time).

as I've experienced, you should still be able to run the CLI version fine.  v5.1.0 should still run fine as GUI.  (actually, v5.2.0 might still be fine, just not v5.2.0_1)

My guess is we'll have version 6 released before these false positives stop. So you may just need to go with another version until then.