Re: Help

From: Kwan Lowe
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 13:00:13 -0400

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:52 AM Jim Donoghue via Help-octave <address@hidden> wrote:
I have attached the problem that I am having. It is at the bottom of the page, where I am trying to find rms using a built in function. I’m getting an error with this (as seen in picture). Also I tried to install the package “signal” but also kept getting errors.

Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jim:
   I see a couple things immediately:

'sum' is the name of a function in Octave so you may get an error. You could try re-naming to 'Sum' to work around this.

To install the signal package, you will need to also install the 'control' package. So something like this from the octave command prompt:
  pkg install -forge control signal

For harmmean, you will need:
  pkg install -forge io statistics

This should allow it to continue:

N =  5
Sum = 0
Please enter numbers: 1
Please enter numbers: 2
Please enter numbers: 3
Please enter numbers: 4
Please enter numbers: 5

 The Arithmetic mean is 3.00
 The Quadratic mean is 3.32
 The Harmonic mean is 2.19
arithmetic =  3
quadratic =  3.3166
harmonic =  2.1898

--
"Don't be lazy. Do the thing. Do it properly."  - Simone Giertz

PNG image

PNG image