Re: Java and Octave

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Java and Octave
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 12:30:04 +0100

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 11:49, WMDhamnekar <address@hidden> wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>           I downloaded Octave version 5.2.0 in my Internet Explorer through
> octave-5.2.0_1-w64-installer. While installing octave, installer could not
> detect Java(JRE) on my computer system. So it said certain functions in the
> octave version to be installed will become disabled.  Actually I have
> installed Java already on my computer system.
>   I want to know whether octave will work well even after not detecting JRE
> on my computer system?

Yes it will work, until you use something that relies on Java.

If you need anything that uses Java you must install the 64bit version
of Java. The Java download site will by default offer the 32bit
version so you must take additional steps to get the 64bit version.
Once the 64bit version of Java is installed Octave will automatically
find it.

Chers.. Ian