Multiple y axes on single plot

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Multiple y axes on single plot
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 07:04:34 -0500 (CDT)

What I am trying to do is create something that looks like this,

<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t63332/subplots.png>

which I have created by using the Octave pcolor and barh functions using 3
subplots with the subplot x axes scaled to look as if the figure were one
plot. However, this approach is unsatisfactory as I cannot zoom or pan
across it as I would be able to if it were actually one plot.

How can I plot one background figure using pcolor and then add multiple y
axes at different points along the x axis to plot the horizontal histograms
using barh?

For some background to this question, I am trying to create what is called a
Market Profile chart, i.e. see
https://medium.com/@quantower/tpo-profile-chart-a-k-a-market-profile-quantower-added-a-new-panel-bd4d407e284b
<https://medium.com/@quantower/tpo-profile-chart-a-k-a-market-profile-quantower-added-a-new-panel-bd4d407e284b>

or