Re: Octave IRIS Toolbox

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave IRIS Toolbox
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 13:42:32 +0900

On 6/9/20 3:40 AM, Wanasinghe Yasawardene wrote:
> Hi Mr. Ohlhus,
> I am using Octave 5.2.0 with IRIS Toolbox for some work on an economic
> model. Lately, Octave is crashing and I cannot proceed further. I have
> noticed  that the crash occurs when trying to execute the "publish"
> command in the Octave/IRIS script to create a pdf file with graphs. I
> was trying to seek help to sort out the problem. However, the Octave or
> the IRIS help centers have not responded to my emails so far.
> I see the given problem as one of correctly setting up the IRIS start up
> within the Octave environment. I am not a programmer, so I cannot be
> sure. I do not know how to handle this kind of technical issue.
>
> As the author of the "publish" command in Octave, I appreciate if you
> can please help me to sort this problem.
> Thanks for your  help.
> Yasa.

Dear Yasa,

Please ask Octave related questions at our mailing-list
(help@octave.org), it doesn't seem that you have posted anything there
before, right?  Most likely, you are using this [1] tool.  Your
information about the crash a very sparse.

It would be helpful, if you tell us:
- Your operating system
- How did you install Octave?
- A minimal sequence of commands, with as few data as possible
contatined, leading to the crash.
- The error message you see.

Most likely the creators of [1] are the better choice for asking for
help.  But if they do not respond, maybe someone here can help out.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://iris.igpmn.org/install/octave/