What to give as "real column vector of initial parameters" to nonlin_cur

From: Doron Behar
Subject: What to give as "real column vector of initial parameters" to nonlin_curvefit?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 15:50:52 +0300

Hey dear octaves,

So today I wanted to fit a curve to a set of x and y data and I reached
the nonlin_curvefit function. Docs:
https://octave.sourceforge.io/optim/function/nonlin_curvefit.html

What am I supposed to give the 2nd argument? It seems like a necessary
argument according to the signature. The docs don't explain much about
it and I haven't found much in the mailing list's archives.

I tried to take the example and fiddle with the values they give there
and I haven't noticed any change in the final plots of the data vs the
fit...

Thanks.