help-octave

Re: Documentation for OctaveGUI

From: John Frain
Subject: Re: Documentation for OctaveGUI
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:00:04 +0100

On Tue 14 Jul 2020 at 09:42, N <nicklas.karlsson17@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/20 3:41 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> > Both Octave and MATLAB (that octave aims to be compatible with) are
> > primarily command line tools and scripting languages. The GUI is
> > mainly there for some supporting functions like file navigation,
> > command history, variable tracking, etc.
> >
> > Perhaps you could let us know what functions and capabilities you
> > would like better described and we could either point you to that help
> > if it exists, or maybe take a note to develop that documentation if it
> > doesn't.
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 5:22 PM Gary L. Roach
> > <garyroach719.lists@gmail.com <mailto:garyroach719.lists@gmail.com>>

Try the publish routines described in 11.10 of the current Octave manual. If they are not sufficient have a look at R, RStudio, Rmarkdown, and knitr.  This is well described in Gandrud (2020), Reproducible Research with R and RStudio 3rd edition, CRC.  References are from memory as I do not have access to my sources here. Please forgive any errors

--
John C Frain, Ph.D.

Economics Department             3 Aranleigh Park
Trinity College Dublin                 Rathfarnham
College Green                           Dublin 14
Dublin 2                                    Ireland
Ireland
www.tcd.ie/Economics/staff/frainj/home.htm
mailto:frainj@tcd.ie
mailto:frainj@gmail.com