help-rcs

Re: cygwin rcs 5.7?

From: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
Subject: Re: cygwin rcs 5.7?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:27:55 +0100 (BST)

While awaiting a reply I tried this:

   - make
     - in src/conf.sh line 1039 change has_mmap=1 to has_mmap=0
     - in src/Makefile change line 90 to look like x = .exe
     (found in Erwin Achmann's contribution to the package report)

which is advice from:
http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Weiser_Michael/B19/rcs-5.7-cygwin32.1.README
and it worked.  I did not need the earlier tweaks to configure, despite
my /cygdrive/c being my C:\ directory -- configure finds the
diff stuff if invoked with

./configure --with-diffutils

So I just needed that configure command and the changes listed
above.

I hope this is of use to someone else.

        Hugh