help-rcs

RCS and Binary Files

From: Kathi Medina
Subject: RCS and Binary Files
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:50:49 -0700

I'm working with Kintana, rcs and Oracle forms (Oracle Financial Applications).

Seems I need to specify binary when checking-in or checking-out an Oracle form, however, I'm not sure quite how to do this. Here's the commands I'm using for non-binary objects:

archive exists, checkin file for new revision
ci -m"[SYS.USERNAME]: [P.P_COMMENT]" [P.P_FILENAME] $ARCH_DIR/[P.P_FILENAME],v; fi

initial checkin if archive does not exist
ci -t-"[SYS.USERNAME]: [P.P_COMMENT]" [P.P_FILENAME] $ARCH_DIR/[P.P_FILENAME],v; fi

check out read-only file
co -r[P.P_REVISION_LABEL] $ARCH_DIR/[P.P_FILENAME],v

check out writable version of file
co -l $ARCH_DIR/[P.P_FILENAME],v

What the heck do I do for binary files? If I use the above commands, the Oracle form gets 'hosed' and I cannot compile it.

TIA,

Kathi Medina
Oracle Database Administration
San Diego State University
Work (619) 594-3783
Cell   (619) 208-2979

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."