help-rcs

RCS and web development?

From: CKGeier
Subject: RCS and web development?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:31:15 -0500

We are interested in possibly installing RCS on a web server.  The source
code is also the installed code that is served by an Apache webserver. We
are wondering if it is possible to configure RCS enough so that
permissions are not disturbed by the check-out process AND that the
makefile permissions can be made invisible to the webserver.  Can it also
be possible to setup RCS so that it copies the source to an installed
directory with the right permissions? We are using RedHat 8.

C Geier
System Admin/IS support
St. Paul, MN