help-rcs

Re: Using RCS on Windows XP

From: wlkjx oiuwe
Subject: Re: Using RCS on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:48:23 -0500

Thanks Tom!

I think I figure out what's the problem. It have to be an existing sub directory RCS. What's more, environment variables TS (for timezone) and LOGNAME (for username with spaces in it) set correctly.

Not trivial :)

But thanks anyway! I have cygwin, just wanna try a complete windows port.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Tom Rodman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu 2/19/09 22:58 EST wlkjx oiuwe wrote:
> I downloaded the packages for PC and unzipped the binaries to a suitable
> place. But for the first time when I invoke a check in command like this:
>
> ci test.txt
>
> It complains about "ci: RCS/test.txt: No such file or directory". (Note the
> directory delimitor is '\' rather than '/' on Windows)

consider using cygwin, I've been using rcs on cygwin (on windows)
since 1996

--snip