help-rcs

Re: dispatch program

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: dispatch program
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:12:33 +0100

() address@hidden (Karl Berry)
() Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:59:55 GMT

       > new configure script option

   In my opinion, nothing is gained and much is lost by *ever* removing the
   standard commands (ci, co, etc.).  Every single script/interface ever
   written to use RCS would stop working!  This just seems crazy to me.

Yes, it is crazy.  I expect packagers will choose to maintain compatability
forever, and individual users will choose whatever suits them best.