help-rcs

Wrong revision is retrieved

From: Bostjan Vilfan
Subject: Wrong revision is retrieved
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 03:14:24 -0400

Hello,
I'm a longtime rcs user on Windows (Windows 7, 64-bit), and I recently changed
to cygwin rcs, 5.8.1 due to encountering problems with my TZ variable. I am now
encountering some problems that I am not sure whether they are due to cygwin or
to rcs, but I am writing to this forum since I presume there is a greater
concentration of expertise on rcs.

The problem: I have a small rcs file named RCSTest1.ob2. When use the command
"rlog -h RCSTest1.ob2" I gen the output,

RCS file: RCS/RCSTest1.ob2,v
Working file: RCSTest1.ob2
head: 2.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
        Blax: 1.15
        Bla5: 1.15
        Bla: 1.1.1.6
        Bla2: 1.13
        Bla1: 1.13
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 24

However, after using the command "co -lBla RCSTest1.ob2" I got the output,

RCS/RCSTest1.ob2,v  -->  RCSTest1.ob2
revision 1.15 (locked)
done

in other words, the retrieved revision is 1.15 instead of 1.1.1.6, which I was
expecting. Can someone, please, explain.
Regards,
Bostjan