help-rcs

Re: errors building rcs 5.9.4 on linux x86_64 using gcc 8.2.0 and gmake

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: errors building rcs 5.9.4 on linux x86_64 using gcc 8.2.0 and gmake
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 14:15:06 -0400

() "Deborah Wescott, Ctr" <wescotds.ctr@afrl.hpc.mil>
() Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:34:38 -0400

   Forgive the limited info. Please tell me what else you
   require from me.

   The following results in multiple errors:

      ./configure --prefix=/p/app/cvs-rcs/rcs/5.9.4

      gmake

   The errors revolve around the src/b-anchor.c, base.h, and
   string.h files and are multitudinous. I've attached the
   output of a make command. (Is there a preferred method of
   attaching the output from my make command?)

   Here is an example of where they start, then there are
   thousands of lines before it finally gives up and exits. I
   will post the last few lines of errors:

   [details]

   (I do not have root privileges, only normal user privileges.)

Thanks for the report.  These errors are fixed in the upcoming
5.10.0 release (in a month or so If All Goes Well).

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen