help-recutils

[help-recutils] Rec-Mode How to Search For Multiple Records

From: Richard Parsons
Subject: [help-recutils] Rec-Mode How to Search For Multiple Records
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 12:31:19 +0000

Hi there

I'm trying to use emacs' rec-mode, instead of the command line, to edit my rec files. I have a simple database: there are cases, which have a one-to-many relationship with notes. In rec-mode, how do I see a list of all the notes which are linked to a particular case?

For example if I want to find all notes the notes linked to the Case with CaseID 12. I can change the type to Notes (using rec-find-type). Then I can do a search for relevant notes with rec-command-select-sex and then "Case = 12". This shows the first note linked to this case, but how do I find the others (the second, third, fourth etc...)?

Many thanks
Richard