help-recutils

remote/external descriptors

From: karl
Subject: remote/external descriptors
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:19:53 -0500

Hello,

I have several record sets in one file.  In order to ease manual editing, I wanted to split each record set into it's own file.  I tried to follow the instructions in the manual for doing this:

devices.rec

%rec: devices

<local records>

%rec: port ./ports.rec

When I run recinf devices.rec it shows:

devices 30

port 0

I found in the mailing list:

recutils 1.2 released

- The utilities no longer "expand" the contents of remote descriptors

  in the local ones.

Does this apply to the issue that I am having?

If remote descriptors should be working it there an example you could direct me to?

Thank you for time.

Karl