Re: [Help-smalltalk] Incomplete set-up? + problem with autoconf replace

From: Rudi Ludwig
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Incomplete set-up? + problem with autoconf replacement
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 19:27:28 +0200

Hello Paolo:

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> > With the replacement for autoconf that comes with the sources,
> > I had a problem. First it works, but when compiling I got a message
> > like: no rule to make target ....
>
> What's the "replacement for autoconf" you are referring to?

If you have autoconf installed the smalltalk Makefiles say:
AUTOCONF= autoconf
otherwise
AUTOCONF= <working directory>/smalltalk-1.95.4/missing autoconf

Thus, I assumed the 'missing' script does the job if autoconf is not
available.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you like) I could _not_ reproduce the
error I've seen.
After uninstalling the autoconf-package, I cleanly reinstalled
GNU-Smalltalk
from the tar-archive ran 'configure' and 'make' and it worked.

So, I do have to excuse for this false alert, albeit now I have no idea
what went wrong the first time.

Rudi