[Help-smalltalk] Smalltalk 1.96 and blox

From: Simon Britnell
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Smalltalk 1.96 and blox
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:28:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having trouble getting blox to work in the 1.96
version.  On investigation, I see that there is no
onStartup method in Blox.  Diff back to 1.95.4 shows
that it's been replaced with update: foo

creating this method

onStartup
    "Backward compatibility"
    update: nil.

Gets things to proceed further, but:

gst -qi blox/Run.st

Runs to completion and exits gst without bringing up a
window.  I've been putting:

'reach this checkpoint' printNl.

lines into the code, and I've traced down as far as
BWindow new, but it's looking like an uphill battle.
Is there likely to be something relatively fixable
down there once I've waded through all this or is it
presently in a broken state that I should just leave
well enough alone until the next release?