[Help-smalltalk] Gtk+ bindings

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Gtk+ bindings
Date: 14 Jul 2003 18:24:28 +0100

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been working on my set of Gtk bindings, and they are now in a
fairly functional state (ie. you can use them to build and run
functional windows).

Implementing any 'regular' widgets I've missed takes minimal work.
Trees/lists and text buffers require many extra C bindings, and there
are probably many useful ones not implemented yet (although basic
functionality is there - see the tests/examples).

This isn't built on the existing Gtk bindings, but that is not in any
way a criticism of them - it's simply that I didn't have the knowledge
to work on them (since it involved much automaking, sedding, etc.),
whereas I could write new bindings from scratch.

Available from http://www.gingerbread.plus.com/downloads.

All suggestions and criticism, short of personal attacks, gratefully
received. Actually, if anyone can suggest an approach for writing unit
tests for this type of work, I'd be very interested.

Mike

P.S. I am, of course, going away now for a few days. I'll be back in
touch at the weekend.