[Help-smalltalk] Blocking accept?

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Blocking accept?
Date: 28 Aug 2003 20:12:39 +0200

Hello,

I wanted a way to do traditional accept() style connection handling.
That is, a blocking accept that yields a different object for
each client. As far as I could tell, there is no such
mechanism in GNU Smalltalk. Is this correct?

As far as I could find there was no existing way of doing that.
However the following seems to do the trick (in ServerSocket):

waitForConnectionAndAccept
    self implementation ensureReadable.
    self primAccept: Socket.

I've tested it a bit and it seems to work fine. Is this correct
or does it potentially break something?

If the answer to the first question is 'yes' and the above doesn't break
anything, then may I suggest a method such as that is added. In the
meantime, I'll just add it in my application.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden
E-Mail: address@hidden Web: http://www.scode.org