Re: [Help-smalltalk] Further work on Gtk bindings

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Further work on Gtk bindings
Date: 29 Feb 2004 20:33:33 +0000

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 08:51, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> That's what kept me off that way when I first wrote the awk scripts.

I thought you might have been there. It's maddeningly close to possible,
though.

> Don't some of them have accessors already?

Yes. In fact, pretty much everything that needs one :-) What set me off
on this path was that I found that I needed the parent field in
GtkWidget. Having to add a C accessor method every week made me think
that there might be a better way.

> > I'll sort that out properly and submit a proper
> > patch shortly.
>
> I can try doing that as well.  Some of the other parts incidentally were
> already applied -- I really need to set up a CVS repo, can you please create a
> user for yourself on Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org) and ask to be added to
> the GNU Smalltalk project?

I'll set about it.

As far as sorting out the patch goes, the problems run slightly deeper
than I thought. I do have them pretty much fixed, though, but...

I've used a Smalltalk script to generate them. What do you think about
bootstrapping an image and then using it to generate the bindings? We do
say "GNU Smalltalk is good for scripting", after all!

Mike