[Help-smalltalk] Re: A few comments on the Gtk+ bindings

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: A few comments on the Gtk+ bindings
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:10:56 +0200

gtkobject should answer "^self connected" (i.e. the gtkview) in all objects but BViewports; and BViewports should get the implementation you have in BList and BText (because even though there is duplicated code, existing hierarchies are there for a purpose :-).

gtkobject is now gone as the start requested.. I'm not sure what to do
here...

!Blox methodsFor: 'accessing'!

container
    ^self connected! !

... subclass: #BViewport
    instanceVariableNames: 'container'
    ...!

!BViewport methodsFor: 'accessing'!

container
    container isNil ifTrue: [
        container := "copy implementation from BList/BText" ]
    ^container! !

I've reinstated the disabled functionality. The other deltas in the
browser should not affect TK - other than using the smarter layout of
OrderedForm. If it does affect TK, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Great.  I'll check it out.