Re: [Help-smalltalk] Install Help and config options...

From: LD
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Install Help and config options...
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:25:01 +1000

Hi there,

On 20/07/2005, at 5:25 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Actually, I've just tried the following and it failed (see attachment for configure and make output):
./configure --disable-gtk --without-tcl --without-tk && make

There must be some problem with Tiger's readline, that I don't see because I have the fink package for readline installed.

Apparently, Mac OS X Tiger includes the BSD libedit library (libreadline is, by default, symlinked to libedit). Supposedly they're supposed to be compatible but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on that?

Try configuring with --without-readline, or installing fink 0.8.0's readline5 and readline5-shlibs packages.

If I need to, I think I'll give DarwinPorts a go as it follows the BSD style of ports which, imho, fits better with OS X.

with regards,
--

LD