Re: [Help-smalltalk] GTK

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GTK
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:20:58 +0200

 the default from Debian/Sarge:

 Package: libgtk2.0-dev
 Version: 2.6.4-3
i'll try downloading the package and diffing the head

Also, there's no CVS repository for now, only arch. Sooner or later I'll get to mirroring it on savannah.

 so 2.1.11 from ftp.gnu.org is the most actual version ?
well, 2.1.12 but 2.2 is coming real soon. you can track it with "arch" (also known as bazaar, or tla) which is a better versioning system than CVS (more similar to subversion or to svk, if you know it) except that it has some serious scalability problems. ;-)

When I fix this bug, I'll post 2.2. :-)
 *hm* I found out where the " invalid scope resolution " came from.

   Smalltalk addSubspace: #GTK!
   Namespace current: GTK!
   PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'!
I guess this was some problems in the backporting of 2.2 improvements to 2.1 (because 2.1 does not have <namespace> in packages.xml).

   'C function g_param_type_init not defined'
   'C function g_object_type_init not defined'
   'C function g_param_spec_types_init not defined'
I think these are problems in the header files.  I'll take a look.