[Help-smalltalk] Re: Smalltalk mailing list & compilation

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:42:54 +0200

I had no problem doing both after I updated my (aging) system. The manuals are more up to date and I have started to play around with the browser. It's very interesting.
Cool.
The browser is cross platform, it works equally for Tk and Gtk (but the latter is experimental). But you probably don't have the Tcl/Tk development packages installed. Look for tclConfig.sh in your disk, it is probably not there.
I loaded the development files for Tcl/Tk but I had to load also glib 2.0, I had glib 1.2 and configure complained about it but you have to look carefully while it runs to notice that. Maybe I'd suggest you repeat the problems at the end for the users who don't stare at configure running?
glib is only necessary for Gtk, not Tk.
Maybe if you group the problems configure encounters at the end it would make things easier, or maybe something like "configure found problems. Look at config.log" would suffice.
Thanks for the hint. I'll add something like: "the following modules will be built/will not be built".