Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax

From: Topher Cyll
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:51:27 -0500

It seems to me that we have never really addressed the question of how
the language is used to write actual scripts. 'Scripting' is not a
precisely defined activity, of course, but it seems to me that scripting
 often does not require defining new classes.

For example, it's perfectly possible to define classes in Perl, but for
most scripts I never do.

I would just caution, this may be a symptom of Perl's broken class
system.  I tend not to define classes when I script in Perl either,
but when I'm scripting with Ruby (even simple things) it's not
uncommon for me to define my own classes.

Anyways, good questions you raised!
Toph