Re: [Help-smalltalk] Newbie compile/usage question for 2.95a

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Newbie compile/usage question for 2.95a
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:59:55 +0200

Paul Furber wrote:
Hi there,

I've been bitten by the Smalltalk bug and was really impressed with the
version that came with Ubuntu Linux. I'm trying to compile 2.95a with
gtk blox support. I do a:

./configure --enable-gtk=blox

and get no errors configuring or building - but where is the binary for
the gui? I see no blox-gtk, blox-gst or anything else. I really do need
a gui environment as I am a complete smalltalk beginner.

The configure option is just --enable-gtk; the command to start the browser is

gst -qK browser/Run.st

Probably, Ubuntu is bundling a blox-gst script to start it, or something like that. (Anybody can confirm?)