[Help-smalltalk] Re: FW: A gtk browser for GNU Smalltalk ?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: FW: A gtk browser for GNU Smalltalk ?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:56:57 +0100

2) No tabs. Users likes tabs, or - at least - are used to use tabs
(from firefox, ctrl-t).
3) No "main menu" no toolbar. I know, everybody use shortcuts.
   But what about begginers? Where may I learn what actions are
   available? Context menus are good for experienced uses, but
   from the usability view it's bad practice, worse when they
   are the only possiblity to access some finctionality.

I'm not sure about tabs, which I loved the times I used VisualWorks, but the main menu can surely be emulated by the backend. The current GNU Smalltalk browser simply reuses the context menus as main menus.