Re: [Help-smalltalk] The website

From: Janko Mivšek
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] The website
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:55:19 +0100

Stephen Compall wrote:

What software drives the GNU Smalltalk website? It looks great, and the
community features are pretty cool. Is it open-source?

It's Drupal, a PHP package.  With, as I understand it, some local fixes.

Yes, it would indeed be cool to have smalltalk.gnu.org written in
Smalltalk.

Just FYI, we are in final stages to release Aida/Scribo CMS (first Scribo blog is already online: http://nico.bioskop.fr). So, if you guys port Aida to GST, you'll have quite some ingredients for such site already. (BTW, http://www.aidaweb.si also runs on Scribo). So, with a little additional development we can reproduce current GST website fur sure!

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web