[Help-smalltalk] Building on Windows XP

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Building on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:51:52 +0200

Hi all again,

I'm trying to build GST on Windows under Cygwin and Mingw/MSYS, but I get this error:

address@hidden /e/Desarrollo/GST/smalltalk-3.0b
$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32

Build Tools:
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for AIX... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking whether ln -s works... no, using cp -p
checking whether ln works... yes
checking for install-info... /bin/install-info
checking for zip... no
configure: error: Please install InfoZIP to use GNU Smalltalk.

The problem is thath I don't know how to install it or compile it. I'm not familiarized with Msys and some help would be appreciated.

Cheers.