Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting OmniBrowser

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting OmniBrowser
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:52:46 +0200

Hi Lukas,

Well, first I want to port Core. If this works, then continue with the rest.

I will try to check, but the problem is I don't know where to check. I'm doing Try-Error steps because I don't have experience in all of this.

Probably can you collaborate?

Cheers, and thanks for your answer.

Lukas Renggli escribió:
 The file, OmniBrowser-avi.258.mcz
<http://squeaksource.com/@EwwAkhSh_CT_5Uf1/MRYRSe1J?18>

 I unzip it, and as a failed first attempt :D to convert it, I runed:
 C:\msys\1.0\local\bin>gst-convert -f squeak
E:\descargas\OmniBrowser-avi.258\sna
 pshot\source.st OB.st
 gst-convert: warning: superclass TextMorphEditor is undefined
 gst-convert: error:
"E:\descargas\OmniBrowser-avi.258\snapshot\source.st":17:
']
 ' expected

Pay attention, the version you downloaded is extremely outdated (from
2005). The OmniBrowser repository is at http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/.
The OmniBrowser package just contains the core engine, there is a
whole bunch of other packages with tests, the browser implementations,
tests, etc. Best is if you first try it first in Squeak, to see what
is actually needed for a port.

Lukas