Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting OmniBrowser

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting OmniBrowser
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:36:27 +0200

Jan Vrany escribió:
On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 14:10 +0200, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
Can you repeat the URL please :P
Oh, sorry. Once again:

http://smalltalk.felk.cvut.cz/download/vranyj1/OmniBrowser.zip

Downloaded. I will check it.
Can you explain a little until where you advanced?

Hmm, I did it in one evening a year ago...
Well, I'll try to dust-off my memories:

1) OmniBrowser consists of many packages. Loading up-to-date
   version of them from monticello is not the best way, simply
   because they might not work together. Better to look at latest
dev-image and use versions in that image. At least in initial phases...

2) OB (including OB-Browser) uses lot of Squeak classes and methods - they must be ported also. ActionSequence.st, Squeak-compatibility.st, SystemOrganizer are just some of them.
   This may require lot of "run-see-port from squeak" round trips.

I'm starting to sweat :P

Jan, could you please share your idea from the widget point of
view?
3) I planned to make it pure GTK-based. I'm personally not convinced
that BLOX is the right way.

And are you working on this now?

Jan
Cheers, and thanks.