[Help-smalltalk] problems building gst on Vista / gst-tool.exe fails

From: Cameron Sanders
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] problems building gst on Vista / gst-tool.exe fails
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:50:03 -0500

What is the most common reason gst-tool fails to work Windows? Start the
binary, and windows tells me that "gst-tool.exe has stopped working".

Is there a table somewhere describing common errors & problems?

I have downloaded the things described in wiki/building-gst-guides for
windows, including tcl & tk. I use the configure line shown on that page
(--with-tcl..., etc.), I invoke make, and now gst-tool is failing on
BloxTK.star - Error 255.

Does anybody know the main reason that gst-tool.exe fails? Is it a simple
configuration problem? Or something more complex? [e.g. 64 bit vista...]

--
What all is needed from MSYS? The wiki/building-gst-guides says to get "it",
but when I get to the download page, there are about a dozen files... and

Help please.

Thanks,
Cam