[Help-smalltalk] Should I document my very first steps?

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Should I document my very first steps?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:59:31 +0200

Hello all.

I'm absolute new to smalltalk. Ok, I tried it a few years ago, but without any real result. (But I learned a lot more from the book "The Design Pattern Smalltalk Companion" than from the "original" GOF Book about Patterns.)

Comming from Cobol and C in the beginning, than with Perl and Java knowledge, I'm trying to make now my first steps with smalltalk.

Yesterday, I brought up my first GTK-Gui Window (please don't laugh...) and it was not really easy to start (google here, looked there and found eventually the packages/gtk/examples_*.st files)

And to cut a long story short, I'd like to ask, if I should document my experiences in something like an "Absolute Beginners \"Guide\"" to the gnu-smalltalk wiki or a gnu-smalltalk blog?

Thanks in advance.

Joachim.