[Fwd: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming]

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:02:56 +0200

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:02:40 +0200
Le lundi 22 juin 2009 à 17:50 +0200, Joachim Jaeckel a écrit :
> Hi Nico,
>
> > You should probably subclass Iliad.Session, then use it in the
> > SessionManager: Iliad.SessionManager sessionClass: MySession
>
> *mmmmhhh* I would need an additional bit of help...
>
> I tried it with:
> Iliad.SessionManager current sessionClass: UrPicsSession.
> Iliad.SessionManager current newSession.
>
> in my Application>>initialize method.
>
> I got no errors, but if I try afterwards a
> self session userLoggedIn: false.
> (I have a new variable and the needed accessors)
>
> it fails, with the message that Iliad.Session does not understand
> userLoggedIn:
>
> Maybe I have to connect the new created session to the application?

The problem you have is because, while new sessions will be instances of
your class, it seems that you already had a session.

You can force Iliad to remove all current sessions (these are instances
of Iliad.Session, because those sessions were created before you changed
the #sessionClass) with:

Iliad.SessionManager current removeAllSessions

Then a new session, instance of UrPicsSession, will be created.

HTH,

Nico