Re: [Help-smalltalk] Can't compile in Ubuntu 9.04

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Can't compile in Ubuntu 9.04
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 07:10:08 +0200

Thanks!

here I got an error while making /doc. Solved this installing texinfo package
from synaptic

This is only needed if you use the git version, but yes, you're right. I'll update the site.

make  (now it finished fine)

make install is necessary here. Until you do that the files are not copied outside the build directory. For example, you may need to be root for make install, but never for make.

cd ../VisualGST
gst-package -t ~/.st package.xml
./gst-VisualGST

error! It wasn't able to find /opt/GtkLauncher/bin/gst

Gwen, can you change this to just gst?

which of these steps are a must do every time I want to update
to the latest version of gst and visual-gst?? Should I deinstall everything and
repeat all steps??

For major releases of gst it is better to do so (the next major release will have visual-gst), for small updates you can just install on top of
the older one.