Re: [Help-smalltalk] Logging facility for GNU-smalltalk

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Logging facility for GNU-smalltalk
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:44:17 +0200

Hello Paolo,

thanks for your reply, I already though, that there's not much interest in logging in the smalltalk-group. (Beside, I only found a small logging-tool for squeak and an html-logger for VW.)

What about CRITICAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTICE, INFO, DEBUG/ALL (these are six of the eight loglevels used by Linux, see man syslog).

Ok, my first intention was to name it like the ones in the java-logging, (but I don't realy like the fine, finer, finest naming). I'll switch it to the naming recommended by you.

I have no connectivity as I'm writing this, did you write some testcases? With them, I would seriously consider including it in the tarball.

I assume, you need some SUnit Testcases?

(I have included only an ugly Test.st, which only gives some comments like "you should now only see 'xyz' log-messages" or "please control the test.html file that it contains only the log-messages for xyz severities".)

Regards,
Joachim.