Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions

From: Eli Green
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:02:15 +0200

On Oct 11, 2009, at 18:06, nicolas petton wrote:

The IL prefix is only for the Squeak version since Squeak doesn't have namespaces.

Well, I'm doing this in Pharo so unfortunately my submissions will by in ugly, namespace-free format.

Has anybody tried to get Iliad working in VisualWorks?

Alternatively, can anybody point me in the right direction of a good persistence solution for GNU smalltalk? Something like Magma (squeak- based object database) or SqueakSave (zero-configuration object- relational mapper) would be perfect. If GNU smalltalk had a good persistence layer, I would be willing to put the time in to getting VisualGST compiled on my Mac...

Yes, definitely. It would fit prefectly in the UI package. Where is the code, I really want to see it! :p

Included here. There's a few things missing that I can think of already:
- when an ILPagedDataGrid is on the last page, it would be visually appealing if empty rows were created so that each page has the same height - there's no sorting. On the other hand, the table itself may be the wrong place for this since you can just pass it a sorted collection and it will mark itself dirty - currently the header row only supports a collection of strings - if it allowed people to use builders, they could do things like put search boxes for sorting