Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions

From: Eli Green
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:11:58 +0200

On Oct 11, 2009, at 16:47, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

This is a sample use of the table to
display / edit a list of companies:

                e build: (ILPagedDataGrid new
                        items: (self model companies);
                        columnNames: #('Name' '' '');
column: 1 renderWith: [:el :company | el html: company companyName];
                        column: 2 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text:
'edit'; action:
[self editCompany: company]];
                        column: 3 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text:
'delete'; action:
[self model companies remove: company]];
                        rowsPerPage: 5).

ILPagedDataGrid is a subclass of ILDataGrid so you don't need the
pagination controls if you don't want them.

nice. Can you add some code in there to provide in-place editing?
I've currently forgotten most of the bits I knew about jquery...

Well, the cells are built as any other Iliad widget would be, so it shouldn't be a problem to place edit-in-place widgets inside cells. I definitely don't think this should be part of the data grid itself since the widget could be useful in other contexts (like the Paginator that Nicolas suggested I factor out of the table control, which I did).